Iron Man is out, Iron Man is out Iron Man is out!!!! I remember the excitement in my heart on the evening before the release of Iron Man 3.
Well I saw Iron Man the next day, and I am now feeling a little void of excitement.
Don’t get me wrong, Iron Man 3 is a really nice movie and in the words of fellow movie lovers who went to watch this film with me:
‘It was funny as hell’
‘I give it a six’
‘It was just an OK film’
‘It didn’t meet up to my expectations’
‘It was a good movie; definitely not as good as avengers’
Well, I really wasn’t expecting it to be as good as avengers, in fact I knew it couldn’t have been. All I was expecting, was for me to leave the cinema hall excited about the movie, with some wonderful catch phrases and epic moments to last me at least for a day.
But you know what I found out, the most lasting memory for a lot of us that went to watch the film together was the trailer of ‘The Conjuring’ just before the movie started. ‘That last clap was totally awesome!’
I won’t destroy your expectations and as a Critic I may be a little harsher on Iron Man than I would another film; just like a teacher may be a little harsher on a student he expects to be the best in the class.
Here are my top 5 reasons to watch Iron Man 3:
- C’mon its Iron Man. All your friends have probably gone to see it or are planning to go see it. You don’t want to be the only one with nothing to say when we are all discussing Iron Man, do you?
- Without all my prejudice, it’s the second most awesome film I’ve seen this year. I still liked Olympus better with all its flaws.
- It’s supposed to be the last of the Iron Man series (I highly doubt this considering the money though), so if you have seen the first two please go and finish it.
- There’s plenty Iron Man robots in it and they do some major fighting!!! This is not a spoiler!!!! You can already see this if you watch the trailer.
- If you loved Avengers and want something to chew on while you wait for part two, then this will do just fine. Not to mention there’s this little kid in it I liked so much.
Here are my top 5 reasons not to watch Iron Man 3:
- It’s lack of memorable dialogue and scenes to hold on to! I mean these folks were busy connecting with one another; they forgot to connect with us. (you may understand this better if you’ve watched it)
- The Villain! C’mon why did you have to give us such mediocrity in the name of Villainy! I’m unimpressed.
- Pepper Potts. I don’t want to give out any spoilers but you may have some questions about this woman and the end of the film if your brain does not get blown away by all the explosions.
- THE COST OF WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW! This film is not worth paying the same amount you paid to watch Avengers! I will stop there.
- Clean Slate?!! CLEAN SLATE?!! Are you kidding me?! What is wrong with these people? We all know there’s going to be Avengers 2, so the clean slate just seemed silly to me.
That is all for me.
Here’s a note to the Man of Steel:
Last year around this time we were all contemplating and trying to see if The Dark Knight Rises was going to be better than Avengers!
Well right now, I am patiently awaiting your release because I expect you to be better than Iron Man 3. God help you and you don’t take advantage of this. I WILL FINISH YOU! 🙂
Please leave your comments below.