I almost can’t believe I’m writing a review for Fast & Furious 6. 6 y’all, 6!!!
Do you remember the days when we were all complaining that Nigerian films just could not help themselves but do multiple sequels to a movie?
Well I think the memo got to Hollywood and now a large percentage of the movies churned out have probably got sequels.
Nobody wants to make just one good film anymore….. Everyone wants to milk the creative juices in a script before dumping it.
Well, Nigerians don’t seem to be complaining as much now and I can attribute that probably to the quality of sequels being dished out.
Unlike sequels like Taken 2, Men in Black 2, Aladdin 2, Son of The Mask, Alien Vs Predator, or Tomb Raider 2 which were unnecessary to me or Series like Resident evil, Scary Movie, or Superman so far which seem like the ‘’Oh there’s another one out’’ kind of movies, there have been some really good ones.
While the Fast & Furious series may have started out OK, it looked like it was about to turn into the ‘Oh, they’re making another one’’ class of movies….. Then FAST 5 happened.
Anyways it all about Fast & Furious 6 here so let’s get into the analysis below.
Top 5 reasons why you should watch Fast & Furious 6
- Because I said so. I don’t just tell people to go watch films so when I say so, please listen.
- 2013 has given us too many mediocre films. While we’ve had a couple of good ones, I can assure you that Fast & Furious 6 is up there and could change it up for you if Olympus or Iron Man couldn’t. The movie is probably No 1 of 2013 for a lot of people right now.
- THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME! OK, I do not like praising movies too much especially when they’re plot is not deep enough for my intellect but with Fast & Furious 6, I ended up having the experience I hoped to have in Iron Man 3. Shame on you Marvel.
- STUNTS! Throughout this movie, I was bombarded with stunts I found hard to believe. In fact there was one where I had to stand up and shout ‘C’mon’ but I realize now that it wasn’t really about the ‘believability’ of the stunts but the ‘enjoyability’ of the stunts. Get ready to be blown away by these STUNTS if you haven’t already been.
- This movie has grown in depth. It’s not just that movie that portrays a lifestyle that’s shallow and flippant but has developed into one that has some essence to go with all the action. By the way, there’s part 7 so be prepared.
Top 5 reasons to avoid Fast & Furious 6
- If you think you’ve had it up to your oesophagus with all the parts you’ve seen so far, then just say your goodbyes as this is not the end!
- If you are a stickler for dialogue, you may find it hard to hear what is being said cos the audience has a 90% chance to be noisy throughout this film. (The movie produces a lot of reaction from the audience).
- If you are highly impressionable. PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS A MOVIE PERFORMED BY EXPERIENCED STUNT MEN IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS! DO NOT GET ANY IDEAS.
- If you are the kind who likes to be told a story, don’t bother. Even though Fast & Furious 6 has increased in depth, it’s still more about the action than any other thing.
- If you just don’t like awesome cinema experiences, then go ahead and watch the Host or something in those lines…… J
That’s it for Furious 6. The next set of movies that will be released are probably Hangover 3, After Earth, The Great Gatsby and Our most anticipated – Man of Steel.
I will not be watching Hangover 3.